MSI PC54G2 <> MSI CB54G2

Hi, I'm running Windows XP SP2 on both my laptop (an Advent 6416) and my desktop PC. I have an MSI CB54G2 cardbus in the laptop, the MSI PC54G2 PCI card in the PC and I've installed the supplied software on both machines. The laptop knows the network is there, and connects to it, but that's as far as it goes. I can't share files, or access the internet from the laptop. What settings do I need on each machine to get it to successfully work? The software supplied not only installs the drivers, but also a software AP & Gateway (which is all I need for the moment until I can get a wireless modem / router that I can leave near to my phone point and not have to connect to the PC with CAT5 cable) Do I need the desktop and / or laptop in station mode, AP mode or what? Please help as I'm getting nowhere fast. Regards, ThePotato

Reply to
Chris Brennen
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.