Motorola WR850G / WR850GP 6.14 Firmware OUT!

After months of promises, the new, rebuilt, Motorola Firmware for Routers/Access Points WR850GP version 6 is out!!!

This is not an official release, but the file (which should be the final one) has been shared in the eD2k Network.

I've downloaded and tested it, and... It's simply fantastic!

For screen-shots, downloads, and other infos:

formatting link
Bye and EnJoy it!! :-)

BYE!

Reply to
trevi55
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Bryant Smith

Bryant Smith ha scritto:

Mh... I don't understand what you mean...

The firmware fix the only securty issue that the router had (and that also verson 5.13 fixed).

Any other?

Reply to
trevi55

Just from looking at the screenshots on your site there appears to be several enhancements. WPA2, bridge mode/access point mode options, and better logging to name a few. The interface is much more cluttered, but I don't really care about that. I'm hoping this will have better bridge support so I can use this instead of a wireless bridge. Wireless bridges tend to cost more than routers for some odd reason.

Reply to
Bryant Smith

I've not tested, but if you see this screen shot:

formatting link
can see that there's the menu: " Wireless Bridge Operation:" It has the follow options: "Wireless Bridge/Access Point" and "Wireless Bridge". So it really seem to have that feature.

Btw WDS was present still before.

Reply to
trevi55

OPS...

Update...

Thread Removed in broadbandreports :-|

Reply to
trevi55

I knew WDS was there before, but it wasn't obivious that the wr850g would operate as an ethernet -> wireless bridge with non WDS enabled routers. I am curious as to what the other options under "Operation Mode" there are on the 'Basic' screen (screenshot)

formatting link
I get a chance to try this out I will definitely try out those options.

Reply to
Bryant Smith

Operation Mode could set to "Router" o to "Access Point". Basically, if it works as access point is like the motorola wa840g. Btw, in my lan it doesn't worked that setting. I've a Cisco ISDN router connected to internet and the Motorola router has the Cisco router as gateway. So I tried to set my Moto only as AP, but I had problem. As router works correctly and it has all the features actived (like firewall, that as AP is disabled).

Bye!

Reply to
trevi55

I was hoping that Operation Mode would have Access Point, Router and Bridge. Looks like I'll have to figure out the bridge functionality on my own. I'd like to use it as a wireless adapter for a gaming console, but my other wireless router doesn't support WDS. If it could act like a WE800G that would be nice.

It is interesting that it has problems with Access Point mode. I am currently using my WR850G as an access point point behind a Siemens router. I just disabled the WAN and DHCP on the WR850 then hooked the Siemens router to one the WR850G's LAN ports.

Reply to
Bryant Smith

I tried out the new firmware and I bricked my router. I used the web interface to upgrade it from 5.13. The update page said "Update Failed". I tried a few times, but it wouldn't go. I reset it and it never came back up. I can no longer access the control panel and it acts only as a switch. I get a response when I ping it aat

192.168.10.1, but no web interface. The power LED is constantly red and there is no Wireless LED. I bet Motorola won't want to give me a new one under warranty will they?
Reply to
Bryant Smith

Mh... I do start thinking that version 5.13 gives problems also when upgrading... I upgraded from 4.03, and as you can see, has gone all well.

Btw the forum in BroadBandReporters has been re-opened. Maybe it's better to continue there:

formatting link
But I can't figure how the update made problems. The firmware is good. Try to use test-ways to reput OpenWrt and then restore official firmware.

Reply to
trevi55

Change your computers IP to something outside the DHCP range (i.e.

192.168.10.101) and then try accessing the web interface.
Reply to
gabbered

Change your computers IP address to something outside the DHCP (i.e.

192.168.10.101) and then try to access the web interface
Reply to
gabbered

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.