Motorola WR850G as Access Point (not router)

Hi,

I have a WR850G that I want to use as an access point. I've upgraded to the latest firmware. I've turned off NAT, Firewall, and the WLAN port. I have one of the LAN ports connected to my wired LAN. It still doesn't work. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks, John

Reply to
johnfofawn
Loading thread data ...

Did you turn off the DHCP server?

Reply to
Jorabi

upgraded to

Yep. I *think* I have turned off everything. What else could I be doing wrong?

Thanks, John

Reply to
johnfofawn

I'll let you know when I try the exact same thing. I have one in the shrink wrap that I want to set up as a WAP this week.

Reply to
Jorabi

THANK YOU!! John

Reply to
johnfofawn

So, how did it go? Were you able to get the WR850G to work as an access point and switch connected to another router?

Reply to
ramnarine1

Sorry, it's still in the shrink wrap. I will try later this week or next.

Did you make any progress on your end?

Reply to
Jorabi

Good luck. After 3 hours of checking and double checking settings, downloading the latest firmware, and etc, I finally gave up getting two

850Gs to work in this configuration. I actually had it working for about 10 minutes but then unplugged one of the 850's to move it to another outlet and it wouldn't work again. That is when I quit and repackaged it for return. Some googling revealed that folks have had mixed results, but that this is a pretty common experience. I emailed Motorola but don't really expect an answer - when a feature so fundamentally flawed I've got to believe they know about the issue but that it's obviously a don't care.
Reply to
anonymous

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.