More than 4 ports in a wireless gateway / router

I am looking for a wireless / wired router that has more than 4 ports (anyware from 5-8 would be ideal). I plug my cable modem into the Belkin gateway, and both linksys units, and 2 computers into the Belkin. I KNOW I can us the uplink port, but I am having little luck having my Belkin gateway, linksys wireless router, and linksys switch to play together nicely. My old wireless is B only, and I want to upgrade to G, and get rid of the rats nest of cables. Is there a gateway out there for me??

Gene

Reply to
esbaylus
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Why not just cascade a cheap 4- or 5-port switch or hub?

Reply to
John Navas

BEFSR81 linksys 8 port router, and add a wifi-G acccess point which you can easily locate for best wireless signal

Reply to
bumtracks

Don't bother - just buy an eight-port switch, and plug it into one of the LAN ports on the router. Voila, eleven usable ports.

Very odd - I have a couple of noname switches (the 4-porter may be a linksys, the 8-porter may be a 3com, I really can't be a*sed to lift floorpanels to check), an old actiontec wireless router acting as an AP in the garden, a couple of wired print servers and an SMC wireless router acting as the gateway and main wireless AP for the house, and it all works fine. Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.