Miracle: Wireless dropped but Messenger & Gmail working?

I have observed that our wireless connection drops as I left my laptop unattended for some time,I can't browse internet but I see windows messenger is signed all times.At these times my HP Digital Scanner, too, stop sending scanned copies to the e-mails. I can connect to Internet only after unplugging power cable from Winetwork Gadget for 10 seconds.How can I fix this so that my line never drop and I can browse all times.

Although my wireless showing connected but it seems that I can't browse

until I have my LAN connection connected. How can I get my LAN connected with a Gateway connection to enable browsing.

Moreover, while there is no connection for web browser my Gmail is also kept signed and I can send, open e-mails and chat thru both Google Chat and Windows Messenger.Microsoft Outlook ,too, working sometimes during dropouts. But my web broswers both Internet and Firefox failed to open any URLs at the times when wirelss connection drops. Some machines in the network have static IPs,will it affect or is it the cause of unforseen shutdown of connections intermittently.

In absence of my IT guy, I plugged ethernet cable and unplug power cord

from wireless satellite gadget "Winetwork" for

Reply to
Thaqalainnaqvi
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Thaqalainnaqvi

Answer to what? I couldn't make much sense out of your posting. What do "drops" and "can't browse" and "failed to open" mean? We need more specifics! Regardless, if Internet applications actually work (e.g., actually sending/receiving messages), then you do (must) have an actual Internet connection.

On 15 Jun 2006 11:18:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

Sounds like your DNS is messed up. I once had a situation where I could use MSN messenger when nothing else worked. I can't remember what I did to fix it. Probably put in the correct DNS numbers in the router.

alien

Reply to
alien

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.