MIMO router required that shares bandwidth (plus ideally splits network).

Hi there,

I want to obtain a MIMO wireless router for my broadband connection as I have weak signal in some rooms. I'm told the Belkin device is very good (better then the netgear) however I was really hoping for a router that would allow me to separate bandwidth.

I have lodgers in my house who will share bandwidth and I would like to be able to divide out the bandwidth. Also ideally I would be able to really hide my shared files from my lodgers so that only my laptop can see the files on my server (also on the same network).

Are there any routers that allow to create effectively two networks but having different IP address ranges?

Or how can I make it easy for me to access the files on my Windows server, but not my lodgers (before I just opened up shared folders, but now they are on the same network I don't want then getting the files).

Kind regards

Dave

PS: Sorry for posting this in firewalls NG as well but I thought you guys might also no this.

Reply to
Dave Smithz
Loading thread data ...

I don't know of a MIMO router that would do it.. but this application should do the trick...

formatting link
- needs an old PC with 2 network cards and provides a public access (or closed access) hotspot - and it's free...

Reply to
Doz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.