Maxtor One Touch Problem

OK, I disconnected my Maxtor One Touch too soon without waiting for the eject hardware icon to say that it was safe to unplug it. Since then my computer doesn't see it and slows right down if I plug it in and to try to locate it. Can anyone offer some help??

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
gtrick5805
Loading thread data ...

Hi!

What operating system? What file system (FAT32, NTFS, HFS, ext2, etc...) is in use?

The file system probably took a hit when you unplugged the drive and it is now inconsistent. I'd be a little surprised if that caused the computer to slow down appreciably when you reconnect the drive, however.

Personally speaking, I'd save myself a lot of trouble and exchange that drive for a different brand. I've always had terrible luck with Maxtor hard drives.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Sorry, I can't help. I have a Maxtor external drive, but haven't done that [yet]. Have you tried this link below yet? With the info about your drive, you can look up troubleshooting Windows not seeing your drive and slow operation here.

formatting link

bj

Reply to
chicagofan

formatting link

Just realized, I probably should have sent this link, which identifies the Maxtor groups, instead of sending the generic one.

formatting link
bj

Reply to
chicagofan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.