Making wired IP camera "wireless"

I have a Netgear wireless router (WGR614). I also have wired "IP" camera which can connect to the network using a network cable. I would like to put the camera somwhere without having to run a cable from it to the router, which is on another floor. What is the best and/or most inexpensive way to get this camera on the wireless network so I can access it from my PC? An access point? Another wireless router?

The pricing for access points seems kind of strange. For example, at amazon.com, my wireless router (WGR614) is $47.99 but the Netgear access point (WG602) is $59.99. It would seem to me that an access point is a simpler device, yet they are almost always more expensive than a router.

Reply to
JJ
Loading thread data ...

Yeah, you need a bridge or client-mode AP, but you might look at cheap wireless cameras, they might be cheaper than the bridge, and will avoid cables and another power adapter...

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

A wireless bridge is probably what you need.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.