MacBook Pro wireless connection is dropped..

I've noticed that when my laptop is at home (not at work) the wireless connection is dropped periodically.

This coincides with a log in the system console of:

Nov 25 13:00:09 bigmac netinfod local[33]: Cannot send multicall packet to 139.48.44.25: Host is down Nov 25 13:00:11 bigmac DirectoryService[45]: CNodeRegister:RegisterLocalNetInfoHierarchy::Call to netinfo_domainname for local domain name lasted 4 seconds. Nov 25 13:00:11 bigmac DirectoryService[45]: CNodeRegister:RegisterLocalNetInfoHierarchy::Call to netinfo_domainname returned domain name: /. Nov 25 13:02:31 bigmac mDNSResponder: NOTE: Wide-Area Service Discovery disabled to avoid crashing defective DNS relay 192.168.0.1. Nov 25 13:02:44 bigmac DirectoryService[45]: CNodeRegister:RegisterLocalNetInfoHierarchy::Call to netinfo_domainname for local domain name lasted 10 seconds. Nov 25 13:02:44 bigmac DirectoryService[45]: CNodeRegister:RegisterLocalNetInfoHierarchy::Call to netinfo_domainname returned domain name: /.

The IP address is of some server at my office... So I wonder what my mac is trying to do... and how to disable the task when I'm at home.

Maybe I need to take this to a mac discussion forum?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
JustSomeGuy
Loading thread data ...

I think you'll find that the MacBookPro wifi sucks. Our observations suggest the range is ~ 1/4 (at best) of most other laptops.

Might try moving closer to the AP and see what happens.

Reply to
NotMe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.