Mac OSX 3G Data Card

Hi

I am trying to set up a fast mobile data connection on my mac.

I have:

1. Mac Powerbook G4, OS X 10.4.6
  2. unlocked Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G/GPRS card (made by Option)
  3. T-Mobile UK SIM, subscribed to Web&Walk
  4. launch2net software

Using launch2net:

GPRS works okay

UMTS gets as far as negotiating TCP/IP, and then disconnects

I have also tried a driver and modem script for the card, provided by James R Grinter, which gets stuck at the Authentication stage.

Any tips on data cards in Mac OS X, the Vodafone card, T-Mobile/3G in the UK appreciated.

Lee

Reply to
lee
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

first of all call T-Mobile to see if your subscription plan allows to use a laptop card and UMTS/HSDPA is activated.

If this is the case, open launch2net, click on the wheel-sign. Now the configurator open. Go to the PREFERENCES in this new window and select "Select operator manually" then choose your country and provider - you may have to choose one, test the connection, choose the next and so on.

Alternativ you can enter the connection data like USERNAME, PASSWORD, APN, DNS yourself. To do so, open the preferences again and go to "CUstom settings" then enter the data you received from T-Mobile.

Regards

Jan Fuellemann (nova media)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Fuellemann

thread:

formatting link
Thanks, I emailed them, and they seem to have enabled it because I can connect now.

Reply to
lee

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.