MA521 WinXP

I'm confused!

This card and network works fine under Win98.

I installed WinXP [which I run on my desktop]

Now the card is enabled but won't connect.

I've enable/disabled/started/restarted Windows Wireless Zero service.

I can get WinXP to see the network and it try to connect but, oddly, after it goes through connecting, the XP configuration manager then shows "disconnect" as an option at the bottom of the screen but "not connected" at the top where "automatic" had been before.

I'd just as soon not use the WinXP manager anyway. But in that case, the card is working but I can't get WinXP to find the network.

Comments on where my thinking is defective appreciated.

Thank you.

Reply to
John Keiser
Loading thread data ...

I installed WinXP with SP2 already slipstreamed. So I don't have a HotFix to unistall.

Since the MA521 is working [both lights on] I know this is a WinXP problem.

More suggestions welcomed.

Thank you.

Reply to
John Keiser

John Keiser skrev:

Have you Installed Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) Q815485:

formatting link
so, remove it, se also:
formatting link
arnulf @
formatting link

Reply to
Arnulf Sortland

I get the message "make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on."

But what switch is this? Software swithciof some sort?

The NetGear card is enabled. Power light is on. Link light is on only if in AdHoc mode.

Reply to
John Keiser

I think this was a WinXP SP2 vs. Toshiba Satellite 2715 issue. I reverted to Win 98 and all is fine again. [Pity, as WinXP ran nicely on the Satellite apart from no WiFio.]

Reply to
John Keiser

John, at the bottom of your message, you indicate for a replier to "Remove

-NOSPAM- to contact me". Unless I'm mistaken or missing something, your email address appears as follows: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net. If that is your correct email address, you need to go into the preference or options section of your usenet client and place NOSPAM in the signature section.

Reply to
DougJamalAT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.