Lynksys router issue with connection

I am using model BEFW11S4 WIRELESS B I came into a situation in which for two days I could not go wireless. Signal strengh showed as very good to excellent, but the actual packets were not been delivered. I could not surf the internet at all. Now, I just decided to work. Also my wireless network connection shows me as having an unsecured network. How do I make it appear secure like others I see in my network displayed with a padlock? I also have issues that cause my connection to drop momentarily , but connects fairly quick, which sometimes I don't even notice it, unless I am listening to streaming content. I would appreciate your help inmensely, thank you , Luis CArlos

Reply to
lcvd1
Loading thread data ...

From a post about 2 weeks ago:

This is what I just finished doing today on my Linksys Wireless B Router (BEFW11S4) using a DSL internet connection:

1. Change the default router password (my default was 'admin') to your own personal one.
  2. Enable WEP (128 bit).
  3. Use MAC filtering.
  4. Change the default channel (usually 6) to something else....pick one! I switched to Channel 3.
  5. Change the default SSID (mine was 'linksys') to like 'LuisNetwork' or something like that.

The product support pages at

formatting link
guide you on how to do these 5 things.

Reply to
Kevin Long

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.