Lost WEP key and router documentation!! :(

Hi everyone, Me being Mr unorganised has gone and lost both my WEP key and router documention!! Im now looking to add a further laptop to our home network but Cannot get into the routers admin panel ( not sure what the ip address was).

I have an MSI RG60G router and was wondering if someone can help me get back into this admin panel. I have tried one or two ip addresses but am always greated with a page cannot be displayed message..

Thankyou to anyone who can help me with this problem

Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Powellyboi
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 05:18:48 -0500, Powellyboi wrote in :

On the connecting machine... Open a CMD window (Start -> Run -> type "CMD" -> click [OK]), and then type IPCONFIG /ALL followed by the [Enter] key. You'll see something like this for your wireless connection:

| Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: | | Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : | Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 11b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Adapter | Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0E-9B-A3-7B-51 | Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes | Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes | IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2 | Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 | Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 | DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 | DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.201 | 10.0.0.202 | Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, February 07, 2008

02:39:46 | Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, February 08, 2008 02:39:46

The Default Gateway is probably the IP address of your router's admin interface.

If that fails, you may need to hardware reset your wireless router and start over. There's probably a small hole with a switch that you can press with a straightened paperclip for 5-10 secs while the wireless router is powered on.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.