Loss of connection when using eDonkey2000

I have just set up a wireless network in my house, it works fine until I use eDonkey2000 the P2P software. After a short period of time the connection is broken and I have to power off the router and turn it on again. I do not have this problem when I'm not wireless.

Equipment: NETGEAR WGT624 108Mbps Wireless Router NETGEAR WG111T 108Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

1Meg Cable Modem Connection Using WEP Security

Does anyone have any ideas why the connection is being dropped? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Imperator

Reply to
Imperator
Loading thread data ...

There seems to be a lot of problems with Netgear wireles gear of all types - Google Netgear wireless problem for examples.

However, the problems seem to stem not from the equipment itself, but from their PSU's - the following link os fairly typical

formatting link
I would suggest testing with a good quality PSU of appropriate Volt and Ampage and let us all know what happened. I have just ordered the same setup and don't think I'll even bother trying the supplied PSU.

What gets me is the lack of concern from Netgear. Even when forum strings like this appear to point out the answer, Netgear just seem to trot out the old 'Reboot it and see if that cures the problem' rhetoric. It's what you get for working to a budget I suppose!

regards, Joe Bloggs

"If at first you don't succeed; swear loudly, then make the coffee"

Reply to
Joe Bloggs

Interesting, when I get a chance I'll give it a try. Thanks

Reply to
Imperator

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.