Looking for ISP in Maryland

I am starting up a small web-based business from my home and need an ISP with a static IP address. I tried Verizon business Internet/telephone/television but they have been horrendous. I am thinking of taking legal action against them.

Any way I found this

formatting link
wondered if there are better deals out there.

Thanks, Peter.

Reply to
peterdlauren
Loading thread data ...

static IP address. I tried Verizon business Internet/telephone/television but they have been horrendous. I am thinking of taking legal action against them.

What makes you think any sane person is going to recommend their favorite ISP to someone that resolves issues through litigation? I certainly wouldn't. Y'er on your own:

Incidentally, a web based business really should be run from a shared internet server located in a well connected server farm, not at home. If you want to run your own servers to save money, that's not going to work due to the maintenance and infrastructure necessary to keep your server up. Little things like massive UPS's, generators, multihomed connections to multiple ISP's, redundant servers, backup systems, etc. There's also only one good reason for having a static IP address. If you're running your own email server, the DNS MX record needs to point to a static IP. For everything else, dynamic works just fine.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Well, to be fair and all, I would happily sue Bell Canada (or Verizon or Comcast in the middle-third of the continent) for just about anything I could think of. On the other hand, there's an ISP in the top-third that has an actual office in an actual town close by where one can walk in and actually _speak_ to someone who actually knows stuff and the owner actually hails from the same small town where I live. They're not the cheapest ISP in the area, but they have a rock-solid reputation for just about everything. I wouldn't dream of suing them. Because I can walk into the office and talk to the owner.

Reply to
Warren Oates

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.