Long (ish) range WiFi heelp needed!

Hi,

I would like to link two properties up wirelessly that are 745m apart, and can (just!) see each other.

The link will be used for internet access, VoIP and general data transfers, all over TCP/IP.

Just wondered if anyone here has done something similar, and could point be in the direction of suitable external antennas?

Would two yagi type antennas be the way to go (I need to mount them both externally, on the chimney's)

Thanks!

Toby...

Reply to
Toby
Loading thread data ...

Toby,

Two of these would work for sure!

formatting link
Try two out, if they don't work I'll refund your money! Let me know it's you if you order!

Pete

Reply to
Knight

You don't mention if you have the wireless devices already?

If not, then for a simple, direct solution, I'd be looking at the Ubiquity Nanostations 2.4 or 5Ghz.

formatting link
formatting link

You could buy a consumer grade wireless AP/Client then an antenna and maybe pigtail and mounting box or long expensive antenna coax. Anyway you add it up, it would cost more. This is a pro solution that should work out of the box. The built in antenna should do fine for your distance.

Might have to buy the optional wall mount to get the angle adjustment. Or cannibalize some discarded sat dish arms.

Steve

Reply to
seaweedsl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.