list of devices using 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands

hey, i'm interested in compiling a list of devices that use the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, respectively. i know microwave ovens and cordless phones tend to use 2.4, for example. this is reasearch that may exist out there already, but i work at a media advocacy group called prometheus radio project that's trying to compile as much as we can on wireless broadcasting and community wireless networks. drop me a line here, or at hannahjs (at) prometheusradio.org with your thoughts.

hannah s. prometheusradioproject

Reply to
Hannah Sassaman, Prometheus Ra
Loading thread data ...

Amateur Radio 2.3 to 2.45Ghz for Amateur Radio Television Repeaters and simplex TV operation.

-- JM

Reply to
JM

Hmmmm... Well, maybe go to the FCC ID web pile at:

formatting link
search for devices that have receive approval for Part 15 intentional and unintentional radiators. There should be several thousand devices listed. Is that what you want? What's a "device"?

Well, if you want classes of devices and technology that use

2.4/5.7GHz as intentional radiators, we have (off the top of my rapidly deplititating head).
  1. 802.11b/g wireless devices.
  2. 2.4GHz cordless phones (various modulation types).
  3. High speed point to point links that use proprietary protocols.
  4. Microwave ovens.
  5. RF excited sulfur lamps by Fusion Lighting (defunct). |
    formatting link
    Wireless video extensions for security cameras and X10 systems.
  6. Wireless mouse and keyboard (mostly using Wireless USB from Cypress semiconductor). |
    formatting link
    Bluetooth
  7. Zigbee
  8. Microwave fruit dryers, plastics preheaters, and moisture removers.
  9. ISM (Industrial, scientific, manufacturing) devices used in research.
  10. Low speed 2.4GHz data links. For example: |
    formatting link
    WiMax on 2.4 and 5.6GHz. (Clearwire, NextNet)
  11. Karlnet based WISP (wireless internet service provider).

I probably forgot a bunch, but is this what you want? Why are you making this list (I'm curious)?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

formatting link
8. Bluetooth

I think they already have a list.They seem to be fairly well acquainted with the FCC.

formatting link
Rob

Reply to
Rob

JUst trying to help. The site appears to be 99% about Low Power FM broadcasting. Reading the last link (above), they seem to consider

2.4GHz as an alternative to LPFM as a means of providing "community media". I read all 9 pages twice and still can't figure out exactly what they're trying to accomplish.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann wrote: I read all 9 pages twice and still can't figure out exactly

I just re-read it and I know what you mean.

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.