Linux file format for word list in aircrack and or fern

New at testing my wifi security and not sure what format(s) can the word li st to through at the security test be in? Will it work with a .dic file? .t xt file? I see it will with a .lst or at least I think. Are there others fo rmats that can work or is just .lst the only format to test passwords? Also is there a site that shows the fern windows and what all the parts i.e . buttons mean?

Reply to
David Werner
Loading thread data ...

I don't follow exactly what you are trying to do since you don't explicitly indicate what software you are running. However, to avoid getting hacked, just use Steve Gibson's password generator.

Reply to
miso

list to through at the security test be in? Will it work with a .dic file? .txt file? I see it will with a .lst or at least I think. Are there others formats that can work or is just .lst the only format to test passwords?

.e. buttons mean?

Running Linux BackTrack 5 r3 useing aircrack-ng

Reply to
David Werner

Well don't do that. ;-)

So you set up a secure password then try a dictionary search? Does that make sense? You are supposed to run that hacker code to test your own system, but if you set the passwords to white noise, you already know that vector has been eliminated.

In 2014, unless you don't give a shit, you need high entropy passwords.

Reply to
miso

What if he's working for the NSA? Or, perhaps their Tailored Access Group have an 'implant' for him in their catalog. SHIELDSDOWN I guess it would be called.

alexd

Reply to
alexd

Oh pla-lese!

Tell you what. Use the besafe algorithm. Oh wait, that was the one that RSA got paid to make the default.

Reply to
miso

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.