Linksys WRT54G - set date?

I can't find where to set the date and time on a Linksys WRT54G router. The only time setting I found regards Daylight Savings Time. Right now, the router thinks it's January.

My former router, a DLink 614+, had a place to set time and date.

Thanks for any help,

Alan

Reply to
nobody
Loading thread data ...

Any Linksys router I have used sync(s) itself to time and date servers out there on the Internet by itself, depended upon what time zone you are in at that time.

If it's not happening for you, then you should contact Linksys's tech support.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

ditto on the problem and your observation about DSL being only selection to be made.

Reply to
Jim Conway

Does the router have a selection to enable NTP client. If so, enable it.

Reply to
Jerry Park

I'm looking, but haven't found one so far.

Alan

Reply to
nobody

Silly question, but is your wap/router actually connected to a wan? I have one I travel with, just to use as a wireless network, and didn't have it connected to the internet (via wan input)... If you have no internet connection, it can't get the time off an NTP server...

Reply to
Peter Pan

Yes, I'm connected.

I logged on to the Linksys website yesterday night. There was a brand new firmware update for my router (v. 5), so I downloaded and installed it. The router now has the correct date.

Alan

Reply to
nobody

Cool.. Updating the firmware was gonna be my next suggestion, but appears you already did it and it worked.... Nevermind..... :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Strangely, the firmware release notes list:

Adds support for WRT54G v.6

Wonder what that is?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I saw that. I guess it's the next model of the router?

Alan

Reply to
nobody

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.