Linksys WRT310N <--How to switch off wireless?

Greetings and thanks for reading this. I recently upgraded to a gigabit router (Linksys Wireless-N Gigabit Router WRT310N) and can't find the software page for switching off the wireless part which existed with my previous device. I might be missing the obvious or perhaps there is a workaroung involving the timed access setting so I hope that your experience can guide me. Kind regards

Reply to
YA MacUser
Loading thread data ...

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 17:29:12 -0800, YA MacUser wrote in :

Just out of curiosity, why are you so concerned about turning off your wireless? Enabling WPA with a strong passphrase should allay any security concerns you might have.

Reply to
John Navas

What a strange response.

To the OP: access the router's setup and go to the Wireless tab, then set the Network Mode to Disabled.

Your choices there will be: Wireless-B Only (if you only have 802.11b devices) Wireless-G Only (if you only have 802.11g devices) BG-Mixed (if you have 802.11b and 802.11g devices) Wireless-N Only (if you only have 802.11n devices) Mixed (if you have 802.11b/g/n devices) Disabled (if you have no wireless devices, wireless=OFF)

Reply to
Char Jackson

See the online emulator at:

In the "network mode" pull down menu, select "disabled". Not exactly obvious, but it should work.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Greetings and thanks for your reply. Just what I was looking for. Kind regards

Reply to
YA MacUser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.