Linksys WRT300N

I just received a new Linksys Wireless-N Router WRT300N. Is it possible to use my current router, a D-Link DI-624 router as game bridge to put my XBox and PS2 online? Also will my PCI D-Link adapter card in my other PC hook up to the Linksys router OK?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
scott08
Loading thread data ...

scott08 hath wroth:

Well, the obvious configuration is to replace your existing DI-624 with the new Linksys WRT300N. The Xbox, PS2, and DLink card should connect to the WRT300N in the same way as they did to the DI-624. That's why we have standards such as 802.11g. Just make sure that you allow the "mixed" wireless network mode at:

If you're NOT using a compatible MIMO (Pre-802.11n Draft 2.0) client, you might as well disable 802.11n in the WRT300N. Select for Network mode "Mixed b-g" to disable "n".

However, if your question is can you use BOTH the WRT300N and the DI-624, the answer is yes. I'll assume you want to use the WRT300N as the main router, which is connected to your broadband modem. Just setup the DI-624 as a "wireless bridge" instead of a "wireless router". See:

There is some debate as to how to configure the channels and SSID on your network with two radios. If you use the same SSID for both, you might get seamless roaming between the two radios, if you're lucky. With two radically different wireless routers, it's unlikely, so I would use two different SSID's and simply chose which one to connect. The channels should be different and non-overlapping (1, 6, or 11) to prevent mutual interference.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.