LinkSys WRT300N

Hi,

I've just got a LinkSys WRT300N wireless router. I've configured this so the wireless uses WEP and disabled DHCP, because I've got a domain controller that is a DHCP server. This seems to work. But after about a half hour the connection became sluggish. Trying to ping my server resulted in 50% loss and a avg ping time of more then 1000ms. Browing became very slow and trying to access network shares became almost impossible.

Reviewing the configuration of the Wireless I could not find anything that might cause this to happen. But when I disabled the wireless on my laptop and used a cable the ping was normal. The only settings I changed for the Wireless are the SSID and enabled WEP, the other settings are default.

Although it seems to work correctly now, I'm very curious what caused the hickup. Any information is welcome, because if it happened once; it is bound to happen again and I want to be prepared the next time.

Greetinx,

Jos.

Reply to
jdbruijn76
Loading thread data ...

When I review the settings of the router then there are 2 radio bands: Wide - 40MHz and Standard 20MHz. Wide channel is set to 6, Standard channel is set to 4. Because my laptop is connected on channel 4 (we use wireless G adapters), I thought I could set the radioband to Standard, then I can select all the channels 1-13 (before I could only select 4 or 8) but after rebooting the router my wireless cannot connect???

I've upgraded the firmware. But I'm still not sure the problem is completly gone. When I connect my laptop using wireless I can ping the server and the wireless router, but cannot ping other wireless-clients on the network.

Greetinx,

Jos.

Reply to
jdbruijn76

Hi, According to the review I read, they're not impressed with this router. Too new to be trouble free.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.