linksys wrk54g problem!

my dad just got a liksys wrk54g. i installed everything correctly but the internet on the wired pc doesnt work now. the only way i can get it to work is by switching the modems ethernet cable to one of the ports of the router and putting the ethernet jumper cable into the inter net port on the router. BUT! thats just the beginning of my problems. after all of the installing to my pc. i installed the wireless card to my laptop (acer 3500) and it is set to take over all of my wireless actions instead of using the wi fi. and it says i have a connection to my access point but the router cannot connect to the inter net. i tried using the wi fi and connecting to the access pont and it connects but still no internet. this s**t is furstrating. can some one help me out????:eek:

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
chuckj1
Loading thread data ...

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:20:31 -0500, chuckj1 wrote in :

Then you probably didn't install everything correctly.

Sounds like a crossover cable issue, and you shouldn't hook it up that way in any event..

What does that mean?

You have it cabled up incorrectly. See the wiki below.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.