Linksys WPS54GU2 Wireless Printer not accessible when XP Pro SP1a laptop connected to Nortel Contivity VPN

My apologies upfront as I am not that familiar with wireless networks and VPN. I have a Linksys Wireless G Network (WRT54G) running at home, along with a Linksys WPS54GU2 Wireless Printer. One of our home laptops connects to a business network, through Nortel VPN Contivity. When connected, I am unable to print to the Canon I560 USB printer that is on the network. When i try to ping the print server (192.168.1.101) is times out & the "Print Driver Setup" does not find the print server either, whereas another home laptop can ping this address and print sucessfully. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I have missed any infomation, please let me know Kind regards Rich

Reply to
Richard Wilson
Loading thread data ...

Look at the properties of your vpn connection, I think under the network tab and see if there is a option to use local printer or to use these components for this connection and select file and print sharing

Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.