Linksys WMP54G install problems

I'm running Windows 2000 professional and I tried installing the Linksys software to enable the wireless adapter. During install the machine crashed and never completed the installation. WHen I try install again it says "driver is installed" and will not allow me to go further until I uninstall the previous version. When I try uninstall, Windows will not let me - I'm assuming because the uninstall file was never installed. What are my next steps? Do I just insert the card and try install after? Alternatively how do I remove the software / program so that the Linksys software wont recognize that its on the system?

Thanks

Reply to
trevor.sandler
Loading thread data ...

Do this...go to the device manager and see if you have any devices listed in the OTHER category and with a ? next to them. If you do then remove them through the uninstall option and then reboot and try again. Personally I think I would shut the pc down complete after I removed it...remove the PCI adapter, reboot and shut down normally and then reinstall the PCI adapter following the instructions that you were provided. Win2k can get a wild hair up its tush with drivers and it can be a pain to resolve it. That should get you on your way tho.

Cheers!

ISPgeek

formatting link
and Software Support Forums Get the help you want with no ATTITUDES! Free Cable/DSL/Satellite Broadband Speed Test Free Web Hosting and eBay image hosting (no banners, no popups, NO JOKE!) No Banners, No Popups, No Spam, No Advertising of ANY Type

Reply to
ISPgeek

Thanks for the advice. Before I received your posting I went the regedit route and deleted all references to Linksys which allowed it to work.

Thanks anyway.

TS

Reply to
trevor.sandler

I have the exact same situation here, windows 2000 and a linksyswireless G

2.4 GHZ Notebook adapter.

It just will not install properly. Or I should say, the installation seems to be OK, it then says to insert the card adaptor, but it then will not connect to the Internet.

Reply to
Ritter197

I have also gone that route, but I like to know what you did after the deletion of references to Linksys in the registry that allowed the card to work.

I have not have that luck yet.

Reply to
Ritter197

try this link...

formatting link
especially the first and third listings.....

Reply to
DavidT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.