LINKSYS WKPC54G US/UK compatibility

Is there any internal / performance difference between U.S. LINKSYS WKPC54G (or similiar models) and the U.K. version? Meaning, will they be compatible over the same network?

If they are compatible, what would be the best single power converter to use, to run a playstation2 AND a wireless gaming adapter simultaneously? Im a bit confused on the VA capacity rating(S). I understand both the console and the adapter run at 120v. The 120-240 us/uk products are easy to find, but which one will support both hardware without frying?

Reply to
Hollywood
Loading thread data ...

Well, I'm guessing a little bit, but if they adhere to the same wireless protocol they will probably be compatible. I'll try and check a little more though and find out.

I'm a little confused. Are you in England trying to make use of U.S. made equipment (120v) or are you in the U.S. trying to make use of products that were made in England (240v)? Elaborate some please and then maybe I'll be able to answer better.

Reply to
CoreAddr

I am trying to make US hardware run in the UK.

I've decided to skip using both appliances on the same power converter.

The linksys products are 12v 0.5 amps.

I have found converters that support 3-12v 1 amp, .8 amp 1.6 amp etc but not .5 amp

If you know where I could purchase one that'd be great.

TIA

Reply to
Hollywood

On 20 Jul 2006 03:27:47 -0700, "Hollywood" wrote in :

More capacity is OK -- won't hurt.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.