LinkSys Wireless WRT54G OK?

Here is what I need to do. I need to have my husband use my cable internet access wireless from a company laptop in another room. Is the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G what I should get? Is everything that I need included in the package? Thank you very very much!

Windows XP, 3.4GIG CPU, 2GIG RAM.

maria

Reply to
maria
Loading thread data ...

maria hath wroth:

No problem.

That will work. I prefer Buffalo products to Linksys, but the WRT54G v7 or v8 will suffice. Please avoid v5 and v6. See the chart at:

for the serial number prefix to hardware version conversion.

When you get *ANY* such router, one of the first things to do is update the firmware. Even the latest greatest router comes with out of date firmware.

No. There's no indication that either of your two(?) computahs have wireless built in. If one of them is located in the same room as the wireless router, you might as well run a CAT5 wired ethernet connection. It's faster and more reliable than wireless. You'll need to buy the ethernet cable. If not you'll need wireless cards for both computahs, assuming they don't already have them.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thank you, Jeff! I appreciate it.

maria

Reply to
maria

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.