Linksys Wireless-B Notebook Adapter WPC11

I want to upgrade the software on my notebook to the latest driver for the above adapter. I have removed the previous version of software but continue to receive an error message that I must remove the previous software before I can install the new. As noted, I have removed the previous version. Any ideas or suggestions?

Reply to
Roger D. Bridges
Loading thread data ...

Did you remove the adapter from Device Manager and the software from Add/Remove programs, then reboot with the card removed?

Q
Reply to
Quaoar

I did reboot several times. I also used PC Rescue to clean out my Register. Still no luck,

Reply to
Roger D. Bridges

Reply to
Quaoar

Yes, I tried to remove using the add/remove in settings also, but the program still appears there. At the same time, however, there is no sign of the program in either the program files or the register. I did all this with the device removed. I rebooted with the device removed. I suspect it is a problem with Windows ME which is no longer supported by Microsoft. R

Reply to
Roger D. Bridges

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:52:03 GMT, "Roger D. Bridges" wrote in :

Reinstall the old version, and then remove it again.

Reply to
John Navas

It will not let me reinstall the old version. I get the same message.

Reply to
Roger D. Bridges

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.