Linksys Wireless

Check your system power parameters for your system going into hibernate or turning off. Set them to never if they have any sort of time in em...

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

Using a Linksys wireless 4 port router (B) here at home, but my laptop computer here in my basement office is connected via Cat5 card. The wireless is fine and good strength, but since I already had the cable run, decided to just use it.

Problem I am having is that when the computer is idle for a while and you call up Outlook Express or Internet Explorer, most often I will get the Offline message and to Try Again. Clicking on try again it connects. Using Roadrunner cable.

Anyone ever run across this or think of any settings I missed. I figure it got to be a router setting, windows setting, or maybe even this cordless phone sitting on the desk. Not a big problem, mainly curious that I can't find the source.

Thanks

Reply to
Don Harvey

Does this happen using the wireless connection? I remember a problem like this with a very long run of cable.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Wendling

Hi Dave,

That could very well be the source. The cable modem and router is on the second floor, with my office in the basement connected with a 100 ft cat5. Daughter moved back yesterday for a couple of weeks until here house is finished.

Moved my office up to the room where cable/router is and It never went offline. When I move back down in a couple of weeks will use wireless and see what happens.

: > Problem I am having is that when the computer is idle for a while and you : > call up Outlook Express or Internet Explorer, most often I will get the : > Offline message and to Try Again. Clicking on try again it connects. Using : > Roadrunner cable. : >

: > Anyone ever run across this or think of any settings I missed. I figure it : > got to be a router setting, windows setting, or maybe even this cordless : > phone sitting on the desk. Not a big problem, mainly curious that I can't : > find the source. : >

: > Thanks : >

: >

: Does this happen using the wireless connection? I remember a problem : like this with a very long run of cable. : : Dave

Reply to
Don Harvey

Spoke to soon. I think it is some setting within Outlook Express. Nothing else goes down. It really not a big deal, I am just always curious as to why :) Going to go with the wireless and see what happens.

Reply to
Don Harvey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.