Linksys WAP55AG Problems

I got a Linksys WAP55AG AP and a WCP55AG Network card a couple of months ago and despite having returned 1 card and 1 access point I've never been able to get them to work properly. Has anyone ever gotten one of these units to work? Basically both cards and access points have the same symptons. I can connect to the G band of the AP but if I run a Ping -n 20 for another machine on the network, I get a 92-96% packet loss and of course can't connect to shares. I also can't surf the internet. I use static IP addresses. I've never been able to connect to the A band on either access point with either card. The last access point crapped out on me completely after 2 weeks. The DIAG light stayed on and it wouldn't broadcast at all. I've tried all kinds of combinations of settings/updated firmware and drivers with no luck.

Linksys tech support is attrocious and their comments to me usually suggest they have never even looked at the products they're supporting. I had one guy tell me I must be mistaken about the unit I've purchased because he assured me none of their access points have a DIAG light when I'm staring right at it and there's a pic of it in their manual. I asked for a refund from Linksys but they tell me they can't do that and I should just keep returning them until one works. I'd like to avoid running up any more postal charges so if anyone has any advice on how to make this stuff work I'd love to hear it. TIA.

Reply to
Trikster
Loading thread data ...

symptons. I can

another

What Operating system? Are you running a firewall? XP SP2 has one built in. If so, disable firewalls and re-try.

Reply to
Airhead

Reply to
Trikster

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.