linksys wap11 uk sleep mode/drop-out fixed!

Hi all,

Just though id post my results regard To reset the WAP, follow the steps below:

1] Press and hold the reset button (back of the unit) for 30 seconds, after that 2] Unplug the power; keep holding down the reset button for another 30 seconds 3] Then plug back the power and keep holding down the reset button for 30seconds, after that 4] Release the reset button.

I followed this exactly, powered back up the unit and played the waiting game....

It's now been 5 days, the unit has not dropped its signal once, I've not had to re-power it once...in fact.. its been as good as gold!

i haven't read of this as a fix anywhere so maybe this will help everyone else out? I hope so, it has certainly worked for me, that wap11 access point has now been the best =A322 I've spent!

I really hope this works for you, its worked a treat for my v2.6

1=2E get the 1.07 firmware driver from the linksys site and update the unit.. 2=2E follow the hardware reset steps from above.. 3=2E play the waiting game..

good luck!

Neil

Reply to
cloudkake
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.