Linksys WAG54G - E-Mail alerts?

I have a WAG54G - uk version.

I had a couple of queries - 1. field length for the E-Mail address on E-Mail alerts (Administration / Reporting) and 2. when WPA is set, the status / wireless encryption entry indicates disabled. I was convinced by Linksys support to upgrade to the latest release of firmware even though everything else appeared to be working. Neither issue has been addressed and now, the E-Mail alerts no longer work. I advised Linksys and they say to see their web site as WPA isn't supported on the WAG54G.

Of course WPA is supported as I have set it up on both my adapter and gateway to get it working otherwise I wouldn't have a connection! Also, their web site product data sheet clearly states that WPA is a feature of the WAG54G.

So, ignoring the "disabled" entry as being simply an indicator that is wrong, has anyone got E-Mail alerts working with firmware version 1.02.7? This was working in 1.01.6.

Luckily for me, touch wood, everything else that I use seems okay as looking around the new groups and forums, Linksys products and firmware seem to be highly problematic.

I have nothing 'fancy' set i.e. default settings except for the standard security changes e.g. SSID broadcast disabled, SSID name change, WPA / TKIP enabled, MAC address permissions.

Any clues on the E-Mail alerts welcomed....also if there's a work round on the E-Mail field length so that I can use the E-Mail address I want instead of having to use a shorter, larger unused address.

Thanks..

Reply to
NewsGroupQuestion
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.