Linksys problem?

I have a linksys wusb11 ver 2.6 wireless adapter that is giving me random problems. I am running Windows xp. It either is not recognized on start up or it sees the device but not an available network. Ifind I need to unplug and re plug the USB cable in order to make things work? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Reply to
Binder Dundat
Loading thread data ...

We need more information. Was it working before, or is this a new install? How far away are you from the nearest AP, and what, if any, obstructions lie in your way?

Reply to
Maxwell Edison

And, whose s/w is used to mange it- Linksys' or MS's?

What does DeviceManager say?

Are you using the latest driver version?

Are you talking about _one_particular_ WAP?

What's in-between the radios' antennae?

What does 'ipconfig' tell?

How is WAP configured?

Tell us about all 2.54GHz sources in the area.

J
Reply to
barry

You got gear up on 2.54?

J.

Reply to
Forster Tuncurry

Don't waste your time calling LinkSys CS..You'll get someone in the Philippines..who has a fixed protocol to follow and one can spend weeks dealing with that setup.. Frankly, I have used LinkSys adapters for several years, and I spent a lot of my time uninstalling and reinstalling their software. But, now if you have XP it should find the adapter and set it up for you..or you can try the Windows sofware...It worked for me once..Good Luck..I now use an Engenius..Runs circles around the LinkSys in every category..

Reply to
jbyrd

Funny, I always get India...

Reply to
Maxwell Edison

Linksys has call centers in Argentina, India, Phillipines, and California. See:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.