Linksys one Mac address

Help!

I have a WET54G (Linksys wireless bridge) to connect to my wireless provider. It is plugged into one of the Lan ports of a Linksys WRT54GX-v2 wireless router . I have 2 laptops and a desktop wireless to it. This all works and I am on it now sending this message

Trouble is I got greedy and wanted to upgrade the speed of my internet connection. My provider gave me an IP address to set the bridge to leaving the gateway set as before then told me to clone the MAC address ? The IP they gave me is set for the higher speed I am told. I went into the setup of the router and set it to clone the address of the bridge as instructed?? I do not see any differece in speed since doing this and am not sure I get the theory behind doing this ????

I use their network for DHCP for the desktops/laptops to acquire the IP's for them if that makes a difference.

Oh and they are REAL bad to respond to support questions but the only show in town!

Gateway 10.32.1.1 Bridge 10.32.1.47 Router 10.32.1.48 PC/Laptop DHCP over internet providers network

Reply to
grizzle56
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.