linksys

my linksys wireless adapter keeps dropping a connection every 15 mins. or so, then I have to stop what I'm doing, and re-connect.

Linksys tech support/KB is somewhat lacking. Any info would help, as I have they updated drivers installed already.

Wireless B adapter Mod# WPC11 ver. 4

Thanks!

RED

Reply to
RED
Loading thread data ...

I'm sorry, yes.

Reply to
RED

"RED" wrote

First Shot Make sure that under the authentication tab of wireless setting that "use

802.1x" is unchecked.
Reply to
Airhead

"RED" wrote in news:coteff$8ieu$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.infoave.net:

This on a XP machine?

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

"RED" wrote in news:cotf67$8jfr$1 @news3.infoave.net:

Then you can try disabling the Wireless Zero Configuration Service that is making XP roam for connections trying to connect to another wireless network in your area and dropping your connection. You can also download and install the WPC11 driver from the Linksys site and install and configure the driver using the Device Manager on XP. I don't use the card's utility to show signal strength and enable *Show Connection Icon* in the NIC's Properties that you can mouse over the icon in the Job Trey that will show the signal strength.

I think that's your problem is the WZCS that's roaming and dropping the connection. That's what I did with the WPC11 v3 card using XP on my network and it became solid as a rock.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.