Link sys firmware.

Well I just upgraded my old linksys with the 1.5 firmware and windows media quit working. I had to roll media player back to windows media 10. How can I get the older firmware back? If anyone has that .bin file, can you e-mail it to me please? Thanks.

Reply to
Dana
Loading thread data ...

You need to provide the Linksys model, and version if it has one, on the factory label before people can begin to assist you in finding your software.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

Reply to
Dana

Reply to
Dana

Here is the Official web site link for downloading the "current" factory software.

formatting link
Note: There are presently 5 individual hardware versions of this router, with each of them using a different download/software release.

You have to verify what your hardware version is, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.2, or

4.0. If you download and install the wrong firmware by choosing the wrong hardware version the box may not work at all or not work correctly. Usually the version is indicated on the same label that has the model info on it.

According to the web site only hardware version 4.0 was designed to use the 1.5 firmware.

I hope this helps get things going again, if not possibly some can track down older software once you know the hardware version.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

Sorry, forgot about the visual impairment. Not sure how your translation software deals with mouse draw down arrow options.

Below are direct links for the various hardware versions, in case it was just an incorrect version that was installed in your router.

One other thing I have noticed over the years of upgrading routers, reset them to factory default prior to upgrading and then do the same again, even if it looks like it is at factory level. Not all configuration settings show up on the menu screens and resetting things can eliminate some rather bizarre problems.

Setup Wizard, used for upgrading.

Here are direct links for the various software releases.

Hardware version 1.0

formatting link

Hardware Version 2.0

formatting link

Hardware Version 3.0

formatting link
Hardware Version 3.2

formatting link
Hardware Version 4.0

formatting link

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

I just read my last message and realized all hardware versions except

4.0 were using the 1.45 release firmware and confirmed it on the Cisco (they bought Linksys) Web site.

Only 4.0 has the 1.5 version of the firmware listed as the current in that box so check the hardware revision of your box.

With out one to play around with it's possible the older version might work on 4.0 but someone else will have to answer that question.

I thought the upgrade program kept a copy of the old version on the local hard drive but it's been a couple of years since I ran the old upgrade program. It might have been another brand that did that.

formatting link

Again, Good Luck on fixing your router.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.