limited or no connectivity with wireless, but local area connection works

Did you check any of the settings on your router? Perhaps it does MAC filtering by default. Otherwise, it is hard to say anything without knowing the router's type.

Reply to
Dino
Loading thread data ...

Using my rj45 ports with a cat 5 cable I connect to the internet with my laptop with no problems. I do not even have to set up a network with xp; I just plug into the router, which is connected to the dsl modem, and voila I have a Local Area Connection.

When I disable the Local Area Connection and enable the wireless connection, I have no trouble finding my wireless router signal and connecting to the network. However, I get the limited or no connectivity popup when my computer tries to aquire the network address.

When I click Repair connection, I get "cannot renew ip."

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Pat

I forgot, my main reason for posting is that I cannot use the internet with my wireless connection. I can only get it to work when I connect with the cat 5 cable.

Reply to
Pat

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.