Light Reading

Here's your reading homework for the week:

This is Rob Flickenger's Wiki for "Wireless Networking in a Developing World". There's quite a bit of good, basic, and useful information in the book. There are several construction articles for different common antennas. Also info on sizing solar powered access points, towers, networking, troubleshooting, etc. Kinda spotty in a few places, but still well worth reading, especially since I had nothing to do with it.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Will there be a pop quiz? ;)

Reply to
sillyputty

sillyputty hath wroth:

Yes, but you fail automatically for asking.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Ok, looks very interesting, especially for a noob (like myself). but am I missing something? I did a page search for at least four pages and each time got, "This page does not exist yet. You can create a new empty page, or use one of the page templates. Before creating the page, please check if a similar page already exists."

Is this part of the site just being setup?

-- Further proof of God not really existing: No giant chocolate cream pie has yet fallen on Bush during a live TV appearance.

Reply to
sillyputty

What we used to ask was "are we 'responsible' for this?"

Reply to
Warren Oates

Interresting! I got Rob Flickenger's Wireless Hacks. It has lots of informative stuff for Macintosh users.

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

sillyputty hath wroth:

Well, it's a Wiki, just the the warious John Navas FAQ's. Users contribute, edit, add, and improve. I've just been reading it but haven't figured out what ordeal process is required to make changes. Obviously, I had nothing to do with writing it, so please don't complain about search engine bugs to me. Those go to the author.

Kinda looks like work is still being done. I couldn't find anything specific about the search engine. Send email to the Wiki maintainer.

Incidentally, if you search Google for "Rob Flickenger" you'll find that he's the author of several books

and maintains several blogs and Wiki's:

He also survived a rather nasty fall from a roof while installing a wireless link.

Please be careful.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.