Lenovo wireless access problem

I have had a Lenovo 3000 N100 for a couple of months. I have not been able to get the wireless to work but I thought that was because of the old old wireless router I had. I just purchased a Linksys 54g and the wireless connection still does not work. The router works fine will the ports I don't have anyway of testing the wireless. I check all the driver settings in the Laptop and it says that it does not get a signal at all. I am broadcasting the SSID on the router and I would figure that I would get secured access point at least but I am getting nothing. All the hardware looks good. I just don't know what is wrong?

Reply to
Seth
Loading thread data ...

"Seth" hath wroth:

|

formatting link
|
formatting link
$FILE/LVD01883-USEN-01.pdf Do you have the Intel or Lenovo wireless a/b/g card?

Are you using the Intel Proset utilities, the whatever the IBM wireless LAN client manager is called, or Windoze Wireless Zero Config?

Are you sure you have the latest wireless drivers from the IBM/Lenovo web pile?

My guess(tm) is that you have the wireless somehow disabled. There are at least 4 places to do this on your machine. As I recall, it can be disabled in the CMOS setup, in the wireless driver, in Windoze WSC, in the IBM wireless LAN client manager thing, or from a button on the front panel. I'm not sure where to start, but I would systematically check every possible place where it might be disabled. There should be an icon or two in the system tray declaring the wireless to be enabled and functional. Also, check the Device Manager to see if the card is disabled there: Right click on My Computah on the desktop and select Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager There should be no red or yellow markings indicating driver problems or disabled drivers.

Meanwhile, invite someone over with a working laptop and see if they can connect to your WRT54G.

Also, enable WPA encryption immediately on your ????54G router to keep the world out of your internet connection.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.