laptop - wireless to printer

Hi All, Easynote E6310 S/N 266905590231

I have just purchased a wireless printer and cant get the laptop to connect to it. I know this seems a stupid question but all i can find in my device manager is an VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter, Is this the actual device that "beams" the wi-fi signals to the printer? Or do i need to purchase a usb style dongle to send the signals ? When i originally purchased my laptop, some years ago now , i believed that it was wireless capable but its so long ago i cant remember ! I also have wireless broadband on the way in the next week or so and need to get this sorted soon.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
groovyg
Loading thread data ...

Your laptop does NOT have a wireless capability. It is wired Ethernet only. Go here download the manual and read it.

formatting link
read the manual for your broadband to see if you can hook up to it wired or not. Wireless will require a pccard or usb wireless adapter.

Reply to
Pen

Sounds like you don't have wireless in your laptop. The Via rhine II is a standard ethernet card, probably supporting the normal network port on your laptop.

You need some addon. Either ausb dongle or a PC-card type wireless card.

Be aware that getting wireless working isn't trivial.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Buy a CardBus wireless card, not a USB dongle, if the laptop is that old.

It's fairly easy to set up a wireless printer when the wireless is built in. I have a wireless print server which was complicated to set up.

Reply to
SMS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.