Laptop wireless - no connection

In short I now have a new wireless router that appears to work fine. My laptop is able to connect via a wire to it but when I try to connect to it wirelessly it says no signal in the area - make sure your wireless is enabled. Am I missing something on the laptop (it appears all is working correctly?) but no signal found. Do I need to change a setting on the computer to enable wireless (software for the router has been installed and Yes it does have a wireless card but I don't know if I need to turn it on so to speak or it it just isn't working right) It's an Advent 7012 and a Netgear router - The router appears fine as in the correct lights are on (wireless light etc)

Reply to
macson
Loading thread data ...

you may have to enable the hardware..........in other words there's an on/off switch somewhere be it by keyboard digits ie Fn+F2 or a physical switch.............look around the comp.

Reply to
Sue Ridge

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.