Laptop to Printer Only

Hi,

I have a Dell Laptop with wireless that that I simply want to connect to a printer wirelessly. No Internet, etc.

What device do I need for this?

I want to use this at my camp where Internet is dial-up only. If there is an option to add a modem to this, I'd be interested in that.

thanks,

dave

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

I dunno if any of the wireless print servers will do AdHoc networking, but that sounds like what you want, at least till we get to:

The only device I know of currently that does Modem->WiFi is the

formatting link
(website is down at the moment) aka
formatting link

I've got one that I'm still fiddling with, haven't actually set it up and configured it yet, but it seems to have everything I want. You'd need to add a WiFi print server to it, or connect an Ethernet print server via cable...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

wireless print server?

jojo

Reply to
jojo

You'll need a wireless access point & a wireless bridge / print server - belkin or netgear make decent enough ones. Install the printer drivers on your PC with the printer directly connected to the PC. If all works OK, connect the printer to the bridge / print server, connect the print server to the Access point (I.E. bridge this connection) you should (hopefully) then be able to print wirelessly. I have exactly this setup at home, with 4 PCs sharing 2 printers (located in the garage).

Hope this Helps

SandyBaby

Reply to
SandyBaby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.