Laptop Spectrum Analyzer, Live Demonstration at tomorrow's SOCALWUG meeting

If you can't attend, the video will be available later at

formatting link
Presentations:

Laptop Spectrum Analyzer, Live Demonstration:

Greg Barone,

formatting link
Cognio's ISMS provides full, real-time spectrum (2.4GHz and 4-5GHz, 900MHz soon) and protocol visibility to unlicensed wireless networks, allowing customers to quickly troubleshoot unlicensed wireless performance problems such as interference and quickly identify denial of service attacks that are invisible to all other unlicensed wireless management products. Cognio's solution, built upon Cognio's patented SAgE cognitive radio technology, reduces operating costs, improves unlicensed wireless security, and makes unlicensed wireless networks ready for mission critical applications. Data sheet:
formatting link

Who should attend?

Wireless ISPs Wireless technicians and engineers Business people interested in wireless People working in the wireless community Wireless Security professionals People new to wireless People interested in meeting others involved in the wireless community Buyers of wireless technology products and services Those interested in lively technical discussions ranging from beginner to expert People new to wireless

Meeting Cost: Free!

Agenda (times are approximate):

7:00 Mixing - business/friend contacts 7:10 Logon> Introductions to the group and key members 7:15 Announcements & News Items 7:20 General Q&A 7:25 Greg Barone,
formatting link
Mixing - break off into groups of discussions 9:00 Logoff>

When:

Every Fourth Thursday

7:00pm to 9:00pm (Pacific) Thursday 10/27/04 7pm

Where:

Pasadena IHOP Restaurant (rear meeting room)

3521 E. Foothill Blvd Pasadena, CA 91107 Location:
formatting link
SSID:
formatting link
GPS: N 34 09.032 - W 118 04.645

Take the Train!

MTA Gold Line "Sierra Madre Villa" station Visit the MTA site for times and stations:

formatting link
this MapQuest link for a walking map from the SMV station:
formatting link
Note: Please come hungry and support our host. Food served during meeting. Separate checks.

Please redistribute this notice.

Frank Keeney Pasadena Networks, LLC Antennas, Cables and Equipment:

formatting link

Reply to
Frank
Loading thread data ...

Too bad it's on the wrong coast, someone please get pricing info!

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Try wrong country

Reply to
David Taylor

According to the 06/15/05 press release at:

formatting link
's only $3,995 and is available through unspecified resellers and distributors. If you buy one, can I borrow it?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I hear that.

I got back late from an out-of-state, work related, trip once. Went straight home instead of back to the shop at work. Ended up not going in until the day after the following day. Anyway, had test equipment with me (including an HP8562 spec annie). Spent the almost the entire day and a half playing with it at home.

As you can imagine, I got quite attached (in only 1 1/2 days) to having that spec annie at home!

(One of these days, I will own my own personal spec annie!)

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric

I have a spectrum analyzer. HP140 mainframis with assorted plugins, none of which cover 2.4 or 5.7GHz. Also weighs about 60lbs. However, all is not lost. I use a modified (i.e. butchered) MMDS downconverter to look at 2.4GHz. Not ideal but quite useful. However, for portable expeditions, I borrow a friends portable Tektronix something 1GHz spectrum analyzer and still use the downconverter. Think cheap.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Awesome. I suppose I don't even need to ask if that gets a lot of use. :^)

Yeah, "cheap" would be my only option. Every few years, I look at spectrum analyzers that integrate with PC's and/or laptops, but end up just waiting a few years to look again. The cost of an upper "medium-end" laptop (up to, say, $2400) would be justifiable -- but can't do $4k.

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.