Loading thread data ...

I'm at my office. Duz that count?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Happy to c you are still around, :-)

Reply to
halibut

Thanks. Rumors of my premature demise have been greatly exaggerated. Before I drop dead from overwork, I'll prepare a bot, that will answer wireless questions with canned responses in this newsgroup. That way, I won't be missed.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff, I'll often proxy canned responses from you, to (I assume) great effect. Particularly this one:

This never gets old!

Reply to
familyleonardtucson

Haha. It's new to me. :D

Reply to
Ant

Feel free to recycle my old rants. The statue of limitations has expired long ago.

Yeah, but I'm getting old. I didn't recall writing that. So, I searched for the culprit and found that it really was me in

2007: I guess this proves that RF rots the brain.

I could have used that quote for a talk I gave on the evils of MESH networks to a local Linux user group.

Can you guess what's wrong with this drawing?

Technical trivia: This is what 802.11g/n looks like going from a client computah via wi-fi, to a Linksys EA2700 router, and to a fast laptop running Jperf as a server via gigabit ethernet: About 40Mbits/sec average. This is what the same setup looks like when I added a Linksys RE-2000 Range Extender, which simulates the store and forward system found in a MESH network: About 25Kbits/sec average and really erratic going the other direction. See a problem perhaps?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

We're all getting old. :(

Reply to
Ant

Worse yet, I'm feeling old, knees are starting to ache, shoulders hurt if moved wrong, elbows, and two fingers on my right hand. Arrgh!

On the other hand, I read this morning about the problems people that don't sense pain have. In this article somewhere if you care,

I also find reason to feel blessed, ahh, not that I got one, but, that I have one.

Video of his first time. OK, no video. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.