Kismet question

Will Kismet work with an Atheros AR5212A card? What about Commview? I read the other day in the netstumbler thread that Commview with the included Atheros driver will support AR50xx cards but that's not quite what I have.

Sorry I couldn't Google for this but I'm restricted time wise when I'm online.

One last thing - is there a special Linux boot CD meant for WiFi? I thought I read about that but could not find a link.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Bessler
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:20:07 -0500, "Ken Bessler" wrote in :

Google would probably take you less time than posting here -- took me all of 15 secs to find

For what purpose? Which disto?

Try Google.

Reply to
John Navas

"Ken Bessler" hath wroth:

Security Auditor LiveCD:

formatting link
Supported hardware:
formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks, Jeff - I downloaded & burned the cd. Interesting thing, though - I was told when I purchased my Atheros miniPCI radio that it was a good performing card but my WRT54G (v4 wDD-WRT) always picked up signals that my Atheros (AR5212A) would not hear. When I got Kismet running, all of a sudden my laptop could hear as good as the Linksys router!

Is it a Linux thing???

Ken

Reply to
Ken Bessler

Probably not a Linux thing. I've seen exactly the same problem with other cards and drivers. Some drivers give good sensitivity, while others make the card seem comatose. I can move a card from one machine to another and see radically different sensitivity and performance. Sorry, but I don't even have a bad guess why this happens.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.