Just a question

I have 3 computers networked wireless. Every once in a while they can't find the network. I can connect the one close to the router wired to the router and then it and the other 2 wireless can find the network. I unplug the wire from that one and then all three will find the network wireless and they will work OK for a day or so and then have to do it again. What would cause that? Am I fixing to have a larger problem? L.D.

Reply to
L.D.
Loading thread data ...

This morning I had to connect the wire up before I could get wireless. This is the first time I had to do that 2 times in a row. While I had the wire connected I looked in open network connections and both the wireless and wired connection was connected. When I unplugged the wired the wireless still worked. I THOUGHT, in the past if I plugged the wired in that the wireless become disconnected, not show both connected. L.D.

Reply to
L.D.

Wrong. Wireless and ethernet are two distinct interfaces. I've seen problem with wireless connection like yours when key was not entered in connection manager.

Time to learn how to get beyond the surficial. Like, finding out client IP config, troubleshooting IP, and reading router logs. If you do that, you can provide info such that you can help yourself or others can help.

Google is your friend. And, lotsa good books/articles available.

J
Reply to
barry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.