Jeff Liebermann: your experience with FHSS spectrum analyzer programs?

Jeff,

Did you see my post regarding the HomeRF-based spectrum analyzer program? Do you have this one or any other that uses FHSS adapters for poor-man's spectrum analysis?

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg
Loading thread data ...

Yeah. I'm buried in work. 10-12 hour days including weekends. That will end in a few days and I'll try to catch up with postings. Meanwhile, I have 4 of the Proxim something cards somewhere. They're all rather insensitive. The "survey" program that comes with the Proxim driver is really slow to sweep the band. It only covers Ch

1-11, not 13-14. It only runs on W98, WinME, and W2K. Won't run on XP or Vista. In my never humble opinion, it's a bad idea for anything other than tinkering. I once posted a video clip of what the screen looks like to show the lousy sweep speed, but I removed it after the hits went to zero.

There are also a bunch of similar cards and software being sold on eBay. I know nothing about them.

See:

for Wi-Spy. I have one of the originals. Works fine but is also rather insensitive. Search this newsgroup for my comments on it.

Digging through my bookmarks mess:

Now, go away for a while so I can work.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

I found it: (2.5MBytes) This is my access point on Ch1. I think it was the slow sweep mode. Medium and fast mode don't show much spectra. Yech.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Indeed, that is just about useless; thanks for posting the link.

In my previous thread on this topic I was referring to the product from 'nutsaboutnets.com'; do you happen to have this one? I have tried their downloads but 'no go' (issues I'll relate to you off- usenet when you have a spare moment).

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

msg hath wroth:

Nope. Never heard of it, never downloaded it, no time to try it. Maybe later.

Please, no more projects for a while.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.