It wasn't Bricked After All...

Hi! Here I am again.. (This would be "part 2" post) For the ones who haven't read it :

formatting link
To put it simple, i have two notebooks connected agains an AP and when they transfer some file using windows Shares between each other, the wireless connection on both notebooks goes down and i have to reconnect...

The AP i have came in a very little white box labeled "X-Net AWG650A" . I couldnt find these X-net Guys anywhere but you can find Specs and pictures of it at:

formatting link
(it's on the top of the list) The MAC address of the AP according to Ethereal an nmap belongs to Edimax. When i opened it i saw it has an Realtech Chip

Ok. Who do you think is the manufacturer of this AP?

Thanks.

Reply to
ifmusic
Loading thread data ...

The FCC ID should be the definitive guide.

formatting link
are many Edimax entries.

RealTek is a popular provider of chipsets. I happen to have RealTek onboard ethernet controllers in a few PCs and laptops. They do make a tri-band a/b/g chipset RTL8186/RTL8186P

formatting link
but they don't make any end user complete products.

Edimax would be a good guess:

formatting link
EW-7206APg

Reply to
dold

guide.https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm> There are many Edimax entries.

RTL8186/RTL8186P

formatting link
they don't make any end user complete

Yes!, I got to the same conclusion, even more, physically it's identical, and has the same specs as mine. But... Will a firmware update fix my problem (about file transfers..)

Reply to
ifmusic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.