issues

the situation I have is that one AP is reporting 87% signal, then if you walk literally 3 ft in one direction it drops to zero. The 2 closest AP's were xmitting on chan's 1 and 11, the ap in question was also xmitting on 11, so i changed it to 6, with the same results. I also tried 11 again with a lower power setting and still had the same results.

There is apparently alot of power conduit and coming out the top of the office I am trying to extend this signal to. I am also going to try some antenna with a higher db, I just find it odd that the signal goes from close to 90 to 0 in such a short distance.

Reply to
200mg
Loading thread data ...

Welcome to the world of residential wifi routers! Your issue is a common one. You can obtain extenders that may or may not actually help. Different routers may give you better results also try relocating the router to the highest point in the room and central to all locations that you want to be covered.

Good luck!

Cheers!

ISPgeek

formatting link
and Software Support Forums Free Broadband Speed Test Free Web Hosting and eBay image hosting (no banners, no popups, NO JOKE!) Free Music Streams (1 Office Safe, 1 Not Office Safe) No Banners, No Popups, No Advertising of ANY Type

Reply to
ISPgeek

i appreciate the reply..

I suppose this is industrial as opposed to residential, the AP's exist on a ceiling beam in a very large warehouse and are powered on ethernet. They work flawlessly in other conditions very similar, i just can't figure out the reason it would drop so drastically within a few feet.

ISPgeek wrote:

Reply to
200mg

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:46:32 -0500, "ISPgeek" wrote in :

Actually not.

Or see Jeff's response the first time this was posted.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.