Issue Using Power Line and Wireless

Hello. I have always had a power line internet connection in my house which is very old and will not transmit wireless signals very well. The power line works very well between an upstairs (main) and downstairs computer. I just purchased a device which will utilize a wireless connection and I added a wireless router to my configuration to have that device have access to the internet. Now my power line connection to the downstairs computer does not work at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My configuration is cable to cable modem, cable modem to wireless router. Upstairs computer wired to wireless router, power line router wired to wireless router. Power line plugged into wall.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
mcubedma
Loading thread data ...

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:01:31 -0500, mcubedma wrote in :

Use the wireless router as a wireless access point instead on your existing wired network. You want one and only one router.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.